CAMP KELLEY 2021: MAY 24TH - JULY 30TH
We are actively working on Camp Kelley details and tracking COVID related information. Please expect policy changes along the way.
Are you interested in Camp Kelley employment? Click here for more information on applying to be a camp counselor!
Camp Kelley 2021 Dates:
- Week 1: May 24 - 28 // Camp Kelley is the Jam!
- Week 2: June 1 - 4 (no camp on Monday, May 31) // Fashion Week
- Week 3: June 7 - 11 // Mission (Im)possible
- Week 4: June 14 - 18 // 80's Blockbuster Week
- Week 5: June 21 - 25 // Olympic Week
- Week 6: June 28 - July 2 // CK on Broadway!
- NO CAMP JULY 5 - 9
- Week 7: July 12 - 16 // Odds & Ends Week
- Week 8: July 19 - 23 // InfYnitY Wars
- Week 9: July 26 - 30 // Best of the Best
- Full week (4+ days) camp fee: $115 per child per week
- Half week (1 - 3 days) camp fee: $70 per child per week - please email Kasey Radney (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get your rate and registration adjusted to a half week
- Family membership holders will be awarded $15 off the weekly camp fee per child per week. No discount applied to half week registration.
Registration information for Camp Kelley 2021:
Open Camp Registration:
- Registration for Camp Kelley begins Monday, April 19th, 2021
- Please note: There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee per child at the time of registration. The registration fee will be waived for Athens YMCA family membership holders.
- Please register online at athensymca.org
- Registration must be completed with the registration fee and at least one week selected.
- Half week registration:
- Register your child as normal for which weeks they will attend
- Pay the registration fee and $10 deposits
- Email Kasey Radney stating which weeks you would like to be half weeks
- The registration and rate will be adjusted on our end. You will receive either an email or phone call confirming the adjustment.
Camp Kelley Financial Aid:
How to get your name into the lottery system:
- Anyone interested in applying for financial assistance for summer camp must fill out the financial assistance form between March 22nd and April 9th.
- You can only apply ONCE for your legal dependents.
The selection process:
- The YMCA will randomly select entries from the lottery on Monday, April 12th. The parents / guardians will receive an email by Friday, April 16th at 6 pm. We will only communicate by email.
- Supplemental documentation will be needed to complete the application process. Next steps will be included in the email to those who are selected.
- If you are not selected, please check our website on May 17th for information regarding a second round of financial assistance. We cannot guarantee a second round.
Cancellations and Changes:
Need to cancel or change your camp registration? Click here. Requests must be submitted by 12 pm the Thursday before the week you want to cancel or change.
NEW for Summer 2021: Camp Kelley Plus (CK+):
We are excited to offer something brand new in 2021: Camp Kelley Plus (CK+)! CK+ will offer daily enrichment periods during your child's camp schedule in the subjects of literacy and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math). This new program will be taught by Georgia certified Clarke county educators as a part of our 85th summer of Camp Kelley. CK+ is designed to draw upon the fun, supportive camp environment to encourage a love of learning, motivate creativity and get kids ready for the next school year.
- Literacy: Enhance your child's literacy knowledge this summer with CCSD English Teacher Alley Howell. Coach Alley will teach the CK+ Literacy program using Georgia Common Core Standards to help campers meet appropriate benchmarks for their age and grade level. Literacy time will go beyond the basics of reading and writing, including exciting projects to give your kids the opportunity to brainstorm, question and create.
- STEAM: Improve your child's abstract thought process through Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math! We are excited to have CCSD Preschool Educator Jessica Thee lead this program. Coach Jess will teach the CK+ STEAM program using developmentally appropriate activities to expose your child to higher level thinking. Project-based activities will encourage curiosity, innovation, and creativity.
- What to Expect: Literacy and STEAM sessions have been strategically designed to meet age specific learning objectives based on Georgia Common Core Standards. Sessions are intentionally scheduled at times during the day to promote the program and add to a camper's experience rather than take away from their favorite activities. Summer camp staff will ensure that all children registered for a CK+ program are taken to the appropriate location during their enrichment time. Time slots for CK+ programs can be found on our daily schedule.
- When: Monday - Thursday, 45-minute sessions each day
- Cost: $25 per week
- Interested in Doing Both? Literacy and STEAM are held at different times, meaning you can sign your child up for both! You must register your child for each program separately to enroll your child.
Additional Camp Kelley Information:
Take a Camp Kelley virtual tour! Coach Jordan and Coach Erin will take you through the commonly used places for campers. Please email email@example.com for the password.
Please note: these tours show the flow of summer day camp. Afterschool is similar, but not the same. These tours are a great tool to show your child check-in, pick-up and the locker rooms. Coaches will be there to escort your child through every step.
SPORTS & SPECIALTY CAMPS
Sports camp hours at 9 am to 12 pm. Online registration begins Monday, April 19th. The Y will offer the half week camp rate to families that participate in sports camp and day camp.
$70 for members / $90 for non-members
- Volleyball Camp: June 7th - 11th, ages 7 - 13
- Soccer Camp: June 14th - 18th, ages 6 - 13
- Football Camp: June 21st - 25th, ages 6 - 13
- Basketball Camp: June 28th - July 1st, ages 7 - 13
$90 for members / $110 for non-members
- STEAM Camp: July 12th - 16th, ages 5 - 8
- STEAM Camp: July 19th - 23rd, ages 9 - 13
Financial Assistance Lottery, STEAM and Literacy efforts, Leader in Training support and our Healthy Snack initiative made possible by many generous donors, the Kroger Foundation, the Atlanta Braves Foundation, Bank of America Charitable Foundation, the Jackson EMC Foundation, Lois & Lucy Lampkin Foundation, Publix Super Markets Charities, Alice and Noah N. Langdale, Jr. Foundation, and Walton EMC Round Up.