Camp Kelley 2021: May 24th - July 30th
Registration begins Monday, April 19th!
We are actively working on Camp Kelley details and tracking COVID related information. Please expect policy changes along the way.
SUMMER DAY CAMP EMPLOYMENT
- Leaders in Training (ages 14 & 15)
- Paid Staff (ages 16+)
If interested in applying for a summer day camp position, email Mathew Fuller (email@example.com) and Gina Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Below is additional information including financial assistance lottery dates and 2020 information for reference.
Camp Kelley 2021 Dates:
- Week 1: May 24th - 28th
- Week 2: June 1st - 4th (no camp on Monday, May 31st)
- Week 3: June 7th - 11th
- Week 4: June 14th - 18th
- Week 5: June 21st - 25th
- Week 6: June 28th - July 2nd
- No camp July 5th - 9th
- Week 7: July 12th - 16th
- Week 8: July 19th - 23rd
- Week 9: July 26th - 30th
- Full week (4+ days) camp fee: $115 per child per week
- Half week (1 - 3 days) camp fee: $70 per child per week
- Family membership holders will be awarded $15 off the weekly camp fee per child per week. No discount applied to half week registration.
Registration information for Camp Kelley 2021:
Open Camp Registration:
- Registration for Camp Kelley begins Monday, April 19th, 2021
- Please note: There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee per child at the time of registration. The registration fee will be waived for Athens YMCA family membership holders.
- Please register online at athensymca.org
- Registration must be completed with the registration fee and at least one week selected.
Camp Kelley Financial Aid:
- Financial aid will be granted based on a lottery system.
- Anyone interested in applying for financial aid for summer camp must submit ONE entry per family between March 22nd - April 9th, 2021.
- We will only allow ONE submission per family. Please do not ask multiple family members to email submissions. We will track this process by entering all children's names into a database. You can only apply for your legal dependents.
- The opportunity to submit an entry for the lottery will officially end on April 9th at 6 pm.
- Submit your entry by emailing email@example.com and include:
- Parent or guardian first and last name
- The first and last name(s) of each child you want to apply for
- The age of each child you want to apply for
- All lottery entries will be sent in an email that their entry was received. If they do not receive a confirmation within 48 hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- The YMCA will randomly select entries from the lottery on Monday, April 12th.
- Families will receive an email by Friday, April 16th at 6 pm if they are selected from the lottery. We will only communicate by email.
- We will NOT make phone calls or mail letters. All communication will be done by email.
- We will not accept any phone calls regarding this process, nor will we release any information about recipients over the phone.
- All financial assistance registration will be done online. Details will be sent to you if you are selected.
Sports & Specialty Camps:
Sports camp hours at 9 am to 12 pm. Online registration begins Monday, April 19th. The Y will offer the half week camp rate to families that participate in sports camp and day camp.
$70 for members / $90 for non-members
- Volleyball Camp: June 7th - 11th, ages 7 - 13
- Soccer Camp: June 14th - 18th, ages 6 - 13
- Football Camp: June 21st - 25th, ages 6 - 13
- Basketball Camp: June 28th - July 1st, ages 7 - 13
- STEAM Camp: July 12th - 16th, ages 5 - 8
- STEAM Camp: July 19th - 23rd, ages 9 - 13
2020 Information for Reference:
Take a Camp Kelley virtual tour! Coach Jordan and Coach Erin will take you through the commonly used places for campers. Please email email@example.com for the password.
Please note: these tours show the flow of summer day camp. Afterschool is similar, but not the same. These tours are a great tool to show your child check-in, pick-up and the locker rooms. Coaches will be there to escort your child through every step.
Below you will find an update from our CEO
Our CEO, Shae Wilson-Gregg, participated on a call with the CDC earlier this week that was designed for YMCA CEO’s and summer camp personnel. To adhere to their recommendations for summer camps we are making changes to our day camp schedule. Regulations are changing daily and we are diligently working to ensure we are following protocol to keep your child(ren) safe and healthy. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience. Please know that we are doing our absolute best to provide the best summer for our campers.
Click here for a full list of our Camp Kelley protocols related to COVID-19
Fever Screenings: All campers and day camp staff will be required to participate in the fever screening process daily. Fever screening for staff members will be conducted before clocking in and campers will be screened at their cars. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 or above will not be allowed to remain at camp and must be fever free for 72 hours before returning. Please note: all members and people entering our facility will go through the fever screening process.
Hours of Day Camp: Hours of day camp will be adjusted. Adjusted hours will help camp staff with social distancing and cleaning policies.
Check-In: Check-In will be held between 8:15am and 9:30am ONLY. Due to the highly recommended fever screening policy we will limit our check-in process to 1 hour and 15 minutes. We will not be able to check in campers after 9:30am. Special requests can be made, however, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to honor them.
- For social distancing purposes we recommend Cubs (5 & 6 year olds) and Braves (9 & 10 year olds) check-in between 8:15 am and 8:40 am.
- For social distancing purposes we recommend Indians (7 & 8 year olds) and Warriors (11 to 13 year olds) check-in between 8:45 am and 9:15 am.
- We realize that many families have multiple children. Our recommendation is to help spread out the check in process and limit exposure to large crowds. We understand if you need to use one time frame over the other.
- Parents will not be allowed to enter the facility during the check-in process. We request that parents remain in their cars and a staff member will get campers from their cars and immediately do a fever screen. Any camper with a fever of 100.4 or above will not be allowed to attend camp and must be fever free for 72 hours before returning.
Check-Out: Check-Out will be held between 4:30pm and 5:45pm. All campers must be picked up by 5:45pm.
- We recommend Cubs (5 & 6 year olds) check-out between 4:30 pm and 5:05 pm.
- We recommend Indians (7 & 8 year olds), Braves (9 & 10 year olds) and Warriors (11 to 13 year olds) check-out between 5:10 pm and 5:45 pm.
- We fully anticipate having all check out procedures require no touching or exchanging of items (i.e pens and clipboards). We are currently working on this process and will release details soon.
- All parents must be prepared to show a photo ID. We will not use pick-up passes.
- We will not accept early pick-up notes or call ahead for pick up in the month of June. Any parents wishing to pick their child up before our designated pick up time will be required to pick them up inside the facility. Please expect at least a 20 minute wait for campers.
We understand that these adjustments may be hard for some families. If you need to cancel or change your child’s registration due to the information above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work with you. We will continue to email updates as the CDC and DPH release guidelines and recommendations.
Financial Assistance Lottery, STEAM and Literacy efforts and our Healthy Snack initiative made possible by many generous donors, the Kroger Foundation, the Jackson EMC Foundation, Lois & Lucy Lampkin Foundation, Publix Super Markets Charities, Alice and Noah N. Langdale, Jr. Foundation, Walton EMC Round Up and To Make and Mend, LLC.
Coach of the Week gift cards generously provided by Bojangles.