CAMP KELLEY 2023: MAY 22ND - JULY 28TH
Interested in Camp Kelley employment? Join us for the best summer of your life! Group interview information is below.
Camp Kelley Group Interview
- March 30th from 6:15 pm - 8:30 pm
- Bring three letters of recommendation
- Middle and high schoolers bring a copy of your grades
- All training dates are required - training schedule can be found here
- Leaders in Training: ages 14 & 15
- Paid Staff: ages 16+
See you there!!
Camp Kelley 2023 Dates:
- Week 1: May 22 - 26 // Camp Kelley! It's A Vibe!
- Week 2: May 30 - June 2 (no camp on Monday, May 29th) // Camp Kelley on Tour
- Week 3: June 5 - 9 // Keeping It 100
- Week 4: June 12 - 16 // Fire duCK! The Sequel
- Week 5: June 19 - 23 // Olympic Week at Hogwarts
- Week 6: June 26 - 30 // It's Friday Again
- NO CAMP JULY 3 - 7
- Week 7: July 10 - 14 // LEVEL UP
- Week 8: July 17 - 21 // Varsity Squad
- Week 9: July 24 - 28 // Eras (CK) Tour Finale
- $135 per child per week
- $25 one-time non-refundable registration fee per child
- Family membership holders will be awarded $25 off the weekly camp fee per child per week
Registration information for Camp Kelley 2023:
Open Camp Registration:
- Registration for Camp Kelley begins Monday, April 17th, 2023
- Please note: There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee per child at the time of registration. The registration fee will be waived for Athens YMCA family membership holders.
- Please register online at athensymca.org
- Registration must be completed with the registration fee and at least one week selected.
- Weekly deposits are $50 per week. The remaining balance will be charged to the card on file the Friday before the Monday your camper is attending. For example: If you put a $50 deposit down for week 1 beginning May 22nd, your card will be charged the remaining $85 on Friday, May 19th.
- A birth certificate copy must be submitted for all 5-year-olds.
- If you are trying to register a child that turns 5 after May 21st but will be 5 by the time they attend camp, please email Jessica Thee - firstname.lastname@example.org for registration details.
Camp Kelley Financial Assistance:
How to get your name into the lottery system:
- Anyone interested in applying for financial assistance for summer camp must fill out the financial assistance form between March 20th - April 7th.
- You can only apply ONCE for your legal dependents.
The selection process:
- The YMCA will randomly select entries from the lottery on Monday, April 10th. The parents / guardians will receive an email by Friday, April 14th at 6 pm. We will only communicate by email.
- Supplemental documentation will be needed to complete the application process. Next steps will be included in the email to those who are selected.
- If you are not selected, please check our website on May 15th for information regarding a second round of financial assistance. We cannot guarantee a second round.
Cancellations and Changes:
Need to cancel or change your camp registration? Click here. Requests must be submitted by 9 am the Thursday before the week you want to cancel or change.
Take a Camp Kelley virtual tour! Coach Jordan and Coach Erin will take you through the commonly used places for campers. Please email email@example.com for the password.
Please note: these tours show the flow of summer day camp. Afterschool is similar, but not the same. These tours are a great tool to show your child check-in, pick-up and the locker rooms. Coaches will be there to escort your child through every step.
SPORTS & SPECIALTY CAMPS
Sports camp hours at 9 am to 12 pm. Online registration begins Monday, April 17th. The Y will offer a discounted rate to those wanting to attend day camp after 12 pm.
- Volleyball Camp: June 5 - 9 (ages 7-13)
- Soccer Camp: June 12 - 16 (ages 6-13)
- Football Camp: June 19 - 23 (ages 6-13)
- Basketball Camp: June 26 - 30 (ages 7-13)
- STEAM Camps: July 10 - 14 (ages 5-13)
Financial Assistance Lottery, STEAM and Literacy efforts, Leader in Training support and our Healthy Snack initiative made possible by many generous donors and grants from the Kroger Foundation, the Atlanta Braves Foundation, Bank of America Charitable Foundation, the Jackson EMC Foundation, Lois & Lucy Lampkin Foundation, Publix Super Markets Charities, Alice and Noah N. Langdale, Jr. Foundation, and Walton EMC Round Up.