CAMP KELLEY 2022: MAY 23RD - JULY 29TH
Camp registration begins Monday, April 18th!
We are actively working on Camp Kelley details and tracking COVID related information. Please expect policy changes along the way.
Are you interested in Camp Kelley employment? Employment information coming soon!
Camp Kelley 2022 Dates:
- Week 1: May 23 - 27 // Camp Kelley! Headlining Athens, GA Since 1936
- Week 2: May 31 - June 3 (no camp on Monday, May 30) // Get Ready to Roll
- Week 3: June 6 - 10 // That CK Show
- Week 4: June 13 - 17 // CK is Flaming Hot
- Week 5: June 20 - 24 // Olympic Week
- Week 6: June 27 - July 1 // CK: Paradise
- NO CAMP JULY 4 - 8
- Week 7: July 11 - 15 // Kelley-Dega Nights
- Week 8: July 18 - 22 // Camp Kelley - it's EleCKtric!
- Week 9: July 25 - 29 // Team 86 Finale
- $125 per child per week
- $25 one-time non-refundable registration fee per child
- Family membership holders will be awarded $15 off the weekly camp fee per child per week
Registration information for Camp Kelley 2022:
Open Camp Registration:
- Registration for Camp Kelley begins Monday, April 18th, 2022
- Please note: There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee per child at the time of registration. The registration fee will be waived for Athens YMCA family membership holders.
- Please register online at athensymca.org
- Registration must be completed with the registration fee and at least one week selected.
- Weekly deposits are $20 per week. The remaining balance will be charged to the card on file the Friday before the Monday your camper is attending. For example: If you put a $20 deposit down for week 1 beginning May 23rd, your card will be charged the remaining $105 on Friday, May 20th.
Camp Kelley Financial Aid:
How to get your name into the lottery system:
- Anyone interested in applying for financial assistance for summer camp must fill out the financial assistance form between March 21st and April 8th.
- You can only apply ONCE for your legal dependents.
The selection process:
- The YMCA will randomly select entries from the lottery on Monday, April 11th. The parents / guardians will receive an email by Friday, April 15th at 6 pm. We will only communicate by email.
- Supplemental documentation will be needed to complete the application process. Next steps will be included in the email to those who are selected.
- If you are not selected, please check our website on May 16th for information regarding a second round of financial assistance. We cannot guarantee a second round.
Cancellations and Changes:
Need to cancel or change your camp registration? Click here. Requests must be submitted by 12 pm the Thursday before the week you want to cancel or change.
Camp Kelley Plus (CK+):
Camp Kelley Plus (CK+)! CK+ will offer daily enrichment periods during your child's camp schedule in the subjects of literacy and STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math). CK+ is designed to draw upon the fun, supportive camp environment to encourage a love of learning, motivate creativity and get kids ready for the next school year.
- Literacy: Enhance your child's literacy knowledge this summer with CCSD English Teacher Alley Howell. Coach Alley will teach the CK+ Literacy program using Georgia Common Core Standards to help campers meet appropriate benchmarks for their age and grade level. Literacy time will go beyond the basics of reading and writing, including exciting projects to give your kids the opportunity to brainstorm, question and create.
- STEAM: Improve your child's abstract thought process through Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math! We are excited to have Athens YMCA Program Adminsitrator Jessica Thee lead this program. Coach Jess will teach the CK+ STEAM program using developmentally appropriate activities to expose your child to higher level thinking. Project-based activities will encourage curiosity, innovation, and creativity.
- What to Expect: By signing up for CK+, your child will get two sessions of Literacy and two sessions of STEAM each week. Literacy and STEAM sessions have been strategically designed to meet age specific learning objectives based on Georgia Common Core Standards. Sessions are intentionally scheduled at times during the day to promote the program and add to a camper's experience rather than take away from their favorite activities. Summer camp staff will ensure that all children registered for a CK+ program are taken to the appropriate location during their enrichment time.
- When: Monday - Thursday, 45-minute sessions each day (two days of Literacy and two days of STEAM)
- Cost: $60 per week
Camp 2021 Information for Reference:
Take a Camp Kelley virtual tour! Coach Jordan and Coach Erin will take you through the commonly used places for campers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the password.
Please note: these tours show the flow of summer day camp. Afterschool is similar, but not the same. These tours are a great tool to show your child check-in, pick-up and the locker rooms. Coaches will be there to escort your child through every step.
SPORTS & SPECIALTY CAMPS
Sports camp hours at 9 am to 12 pm. Online registration begins Monday, April 18th. The Y will offer a discounted rate to those wanting to attend day camp after 12 pm.
- Volleyball Camp: TBD
- Soccer Camp: TBD
- Football Camp: TBD
- Basketball Camp: TBD
- STEAM Camp: TBD
- STEAM Camp: TBD
Financial Assistance Lottery, STEAM and Literacy efforts, Leader in Training support and our Healthy Snack initiative made possible by many generous donors, the Kroger Foundation, the Atlanta Braves Foundation, Bank of America Charitable Foundation, the Jackson EMC Foundation, Lois & Lucy Lampkin Foundation, Publix Super Markets Charities, Alice and Noah N. Langdale, Jr. Foundation, and Walton EMC Round Up.