Camp Kelley 2020
Interested in working at Camp Kelley 2020? Group Interview will be Thursday, February 27th from 6 pm to 8 pm.
- Leaders in Training: ages 14 & 15
- Paid Staff: ages 16+
What to bring to group interview?
- 3 letters of recommendation
- A copy of your grades (if you are in middle or high school)
Click here to download Camp Kelley 2020 staff and LIT training dates
Camp Kelley 2020 Dates: May 26 - July 31 (no camp June 29 - July 3)
- Financial Assistance Lottery: March 9 - 27, 2020
- Open Registration: April 6, 2020
Below is Camp Kelley 2020. Some information is from 2019 for reference:
Below you will find more detailed information about Camp Kelley and registration.
Camp Kelley 2020 Information:
NEW for Camp Kelley 2020: 5-year-old campers
The Athens YMCA proudly serves 5-year-olds in our communities. We had additional guidelines and information for our 5-year-old campers.
5-year-olds who HAVE NOT completed Kindergarten: Any 5-year-old camper that has not completed Kindergarten will have specific hours. These campers cannot be dropped off before 8:30 am and must be picked up by 5 pm.
5-year-olds who HAVE completed Kindergarten: Any 5-year-old camper that has completed Kindergarten must provide a school progress report. All 5-year-olds that do not have a progress report on file must be picked up by 5 pm.
- No exceptions will be made. For any 5-year-old who does not show a progress report, the late fee will be applied at 5 pm. Any child picked up late more than two times will be dismissed from camp.
- Camp Kelley operates 10 hours per day. Groups move every 50 minutes with little downtime. Our youngest campers are often overwhelmed by the camp schedule. We recommend that 5-year-old campers only be at camp for up to 7 hours.
- Camp staff cannot help children change into swimsuits or any other clothing. Campers must be able to do this on their own.
- Campers will get extremely dirty and have accidents. Please send your camper in play clothes, as well as packing additional play clothes in their bag. This is camp, we play in the dirt.
It is important for us to define ourselves as a day camp and not daycare. While we do promise to care for your child as if they were our own, we must stay inside the boundaries of operating a day camp. We are moving large groups to different events and activities throughout the day. Campers must be able to handle a large, fast-paced, loud environment with several transitions for the whole day.
We would love to meet you and your camper before the summer begins. We encourage you to set up a meeting and tour. Please contact Youth & Family Programs Director Gina Jackson - firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a tour.
Registration information for Camp Kelley 2020:
Open Camp Registration:
- Registration for Camp Kelley begins Monday, April 6, 2020
- Please note: There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee per child at the time of registration. The registration fee will be waived for Athens YMCA family membership holders.
- Please register online at athensymca.org or at the business office Monday-Friday from 9 am - 6 pm.
- Registration must be completed with the registration fee and at least one week selected.
Camp Kelley Financial Aid:
- Financial aid will be granted based on a lottery system.
- Anyone interested in applying for financial aid for summer camp must submit ONE family ticket per family between March 9 - 27, 2020
- Financial assistance tickets will be pulled after March 27. Families will receive an email by Friday, April 3 if they are selected from the lottery. If you do not receive an email, you were not selected for 2020 financial assistance.
- All financial assistance registration will be done online. Details will be sent to you if you are selected.
The Athens YMCA is excited to offer specialty sports camps during the summer. Sports camps run Monday through Friday, 9 am to 12 pm. All sports camps are $50 for members, $70 for non-members. Participants who will be going into Camp Kelley after Sports Camps will be given the three-day camp rate of $70. Registration for Sports Camps begins April 8th through your online portal.
Summer 2020 Sports Camps:
- Volleyball: June 8 -12
- Soccer: June 15 - 19
- Football: June 22 - 26
- Basketball: July 6 - 10
Financial Assistance Lottery, STEAM and Literacy efforts and our Healthy Snack initiative made possible by many generous donors, the Kroger Foundation, the Jackson EMC Foundation, Lois & Lucy Lampkin Foundation, Publix Super Markets Charities, Alice and Noah N. Langdale, Jr. Foundation, Walton EMC Round Up and To Make and Mend, LLC.
Coach of the Week gift cards generously provided by Bojangles.