To ensure that all YMCA members and guests have an enjoyable and safe experience at the YMCA, we have developed the following policies:
- Food and drinks are permitted in the front common and concession area only.
- Profanity and abusive language are not allowed.
- Tobacco and alcohol are not permitted in the building or on the grounds.
- Pets are not permitted in the facility or on the grounds.
- Report any damaged equipment or maintenance problems to a YMCA staff member.
- The YMCA may terminate membership without cause at any time determined by the YMCA's CEO / Executive Director. The YMCA is a private, non-profit corporation, and reserves the right to refuse service (membership) at their discretion.
- Members must vacate the facility by the posted closing times and may not enter the facility prior to opening times. Please note: the pool and outdoor facilities close 15 minutes before the building.
- Members shall always be dressed in suitable attire. Shirts and appropriate shoes must always be worn except in the locker rooms and pool area.
- Fitness and Sports Trainers: members are not allowed to use trainers outside of the ones the YMCA has approved.
- Children 15 and under drop-off policy: To ensure the safety of our youth members and guests, all children 15 and under must always be with an adult member. They may only be dropped off for the duration of an activity in which they are enrolled.
- Monday - Friday: 4:30 am to 9:30 pm
- Saturday: 7 am to 5 pm
- Sunday 1 pm to 6 pm
Indoor Pool Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 5 am to 9:15 pm
- Saturday: 7 am to 4:45 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm to 5:45 pm
- Monday - Friday: 8 am to 12:15 pm; 3 pm to 8 pm
- Saturday: 8 am to 12 pm
- Sunday: Closed
I.D. Policy / Membership Cards
Members are issued a temporary I.D. card for the first week of membership at the time they join the Athens YMCA. Member information will be entered into the computer system within three business days. After that time, members will be given a permanent card and have their photo taken by our software system. Cards are $5 to replace. Members will be required to use the membership card with the barcode to check in at the Front Desk.
Membership Changes & Cancelations
Links for the necessary paperwork to cancel or change your membership. Any alteration to a monthly membership must be made by the 10th of the month for it to go into effect that same month. Monthly memberships are perpetual. There is no contract involved, but the membership will continue until a cancelation form is turned into the business office.