To ensure that all YMCA members and guests have an enjoyable and safe experience at the YMCA, we have developed the following policies:
- Food and drinks are permitted in the front entrance commons area, concession area only.
- Refrain from profanity and abusive language.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building or on the grounds.
- Members must be 18 and older to enter the adult locker rooms. There are separate locker rooms for children under 18.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the facility or on the grounds.
- Pets are not permitted in the facility or on the grounds.
- Report any damaged equipment or maintenance problems to a YMCA staff member.
- The YMCA may terminate membership without cause at any time - determination by the YMCA's Executive Director. The YMCA is a private, non-profit corporation, and reserves the right to refuse service (membership) at their discretion.
- Members must vacate the facility by the posted closing times, and may not enter the facility prior to opening times. Please note: the pool and outdoor facilities close 15 minutes before the building.
- Members shall be dressed in suitable attire at all times. Shirts and appropriate shoes must be worn at all times except in the locker rooms and pool area. We require that guys who play basketball have on a shirt.
- Fitness Trainers: members are not allowed to utilize fitness trainers outside of the one's the YMCA has approved.
Children 15 and under drop-off policy: To ensure the safety of our youth members and guests, all children 15 and under must be with an adult member at all times. They may only be dropped off for the duration of an activity in which they are enrolled.
I.D. Policy / Membership Cards
Members are issued a temporary I.D. card for the first week of membership at the time they join the Athens YMCA. Member information will be entered into the computer system within three business days. After that time, members will be given a permanent card and have their photo taken by our software system. Cards are $5 to replace. Members will be required to use the membership card with the barcode to check in at the Front Desk.
Click here for the necessary paperwork to cancel or change your membership. Any alteration to a monthly membership must be made by the 10th of the month for it to go into effect that same month.
The following changes can be made to your membership
- Update your address
- Update your method of payment
- Upgrade or downgrade your membership
- Add or take members off of your membership
Monthly memberships are perpetual. There is no contract involved, but the membership will continue until a cancellation form is turned into the business office.