We had a fantastic summer. The outpour of gratefulness from the families we serve has been so humbling. Thank you all for your continued support during these challenging times.
As we move into fall, we would like to share a few YMCA updates.
- Monday - Friday: 6am to 9pm
- Fitness Areas will be closed from 1 pm to1:30 pm for sanitizing purposes.
- Saturday: 8am to 5pm
- Sunday: Closed
- The YMCA will remain closed on Sundays to sanitize the facility.
August Day Camp
- The Y will operate an additional 3 weeks of Camp Kelley starting Monday, August 10, 2020. These weeks are designed for children who are scheduled to return to school in September.
- All day camp policies and procedures will remain the same.
- Outdoor Pool – The outdoor pool will remain open through August and will continue to be used for DAY CAMPERS ONLY Monday - Friday from 9am-3pm.
- The outdoor pool will be open for members:
- Monday – Friday: 3:30pm-7:30pm
- Saturday: 10am-4:30pm
- Sunday: Closed
Clarke County Virtual School
- The Y has been asked to consider an all-day program for kids who will participate in virtual learning in the fall. Unfortunately, after much thought and consideration we do not believe our YMCA is best equipped for this endeavor. We will continue to offer our after-school programs.
- After school registration is going on now. Programs start Monday, August 31, 2020.
- Fitness classes are slowly returning. We do plan to use our downstairs rooms starting in mid-August. Class sizes will be small, and members will be spread out.
- Pop-up classes will continue to be announced on all media outlets (website, Facebook, Instagram, and twitter).
- Currently, several fitness instructors are concerned with returning. Please be patient with everyone as we all navigate COVID-19 together.
Amenities that must remain unavailable:
Additional Safety Information:
- All staff and members will have their temperature checked with a touch-free thermometer while they are checking in. Those with a fever of 100.4 and above will not be allowed in the facility until they have been fever and medicine free for 72 hours. Fever screens will take place through the end of August.
- Employees will wear a mask when assisting members.
- All members should wear a mask when at the facility.
- All fitness areas and common areas will be cleaned every 60 minutes.
- All personal belongings must be placed in a locker. No personal items can be left in common areas.
Please know that our leadership team continues to work endlessly to serve our community. We are being called on in ways we never expected. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
M. Shae Wilson-Gregg