We are continuing to monitor facility and amenity usage in addition to following guidance from the CDC, EPA, DPH and state and local officials. We are working diligently to open your favorite amenities quickly and safely. As always, the health and wellness of our members, program participants and staff remain our top priority.
Summer Day Camp and summer swim lessons will begin Monday, June 1, 2020. Staff are prepared to keep our members and campers separated as much as possible. Swim lesson participants will receive an email explaining new policies and procedures for arrival and departure.
We sincerely appreciate your patience as we slowly navigate facility usage and staffing infrastructure. We are adhering to many recommendations and restrictions from multiple organizations. We hope to our have our facility fully operating in the next few months.
Starting June 1, 2020, the YMCA will operate in the following manner:
- Monday - Friday: 6am to 9pm
- Fitness Areas will be closed from 1 pm to1:30 pm for sanitizing purposes.
- Saturday: 8am to 5pm
- Sunday: Closed
- The YMCA will remain closed on Sundays for JanPro to sanitize the facility.
- Indoor Pool – The indoor pool will be open for individual exercise in addition to family swim time. (Family units must stay together.)
- Monday – Friday: 6:15am to 8:30pm
- Saturday: 8:15am to 4:30pm
- Sunday: Closed
- CUB campers (ages 5-6) will utilize the indoor 2ft pool Monday-Friday
- Outdoor Pool – The outdoor pool will be open for DAY CAMPERS ONLY Monday-Friday 9am-4pm
- The outdoor pool will be open for members:
- Monday – Friday: 4:30pm-7:30pm
- Saturday: 10am-4:30pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Child Watch – The Child Watch center will be open with limited capacity. YMCA staff will monitor capacity and report to Gina Jackson if any concerns arise.
- Monday–Friday: 9am-12 pm; 3pm-7pm
- Saturday: 9am-12pm
- Children will be restricted to 1.5 hours in the child watch each day.
- Personal Training – Personal training will resume on June 1, 2020. Please contact your trainer for information. Personal trainers are not required to train; this is optional for them.
- Strength Center – Maximum capacity of 3.
- Locker Rooms – All locker rooms will open on June 1, 2020.
- We can no longer offer universal toiletries. All member items will be thrown away if left in the open spaces.
Amenities that must remain unavailable:
- Fitness Classes – While classes will not yet resume in their designated areas, we do hope to offer pop up classes in our outdoor spaces in June.
- Steam and Sauna
- Racquetball Courts – Racquetball courts will continue to be used for wellness equipment and day camp.
- Guest passes
- Downstairs Rooms – Downstairs will be used for Day Camp only at this time.
- Pickup basketball – Per the Governors orders, we cannot allow games at this time. Gyms are open for individual use only. Please bring your own equipment.
Additional Safety Information:
- All staff and members will have their temperature checked with a touch-free thermometer while they are checking in. Those with a fever of 100.4 and above will not be allowed in the facility until they have been fever and medicine free for 72 hours.
- Employees will wear a mask when assisting members.
- We strongly encourage members to wear a mask in common areas.
- All fitness areas and common areas will be cleaned every 60 minutes.
- All personal belongings must be placed in a locker. No personal items can be left in common areas.
- The capacity for the fitness center is set at 10 on each side (10 in weight room, 10 in cardio room). Members can only be in the center for 60 minutes. This helps us ensure that all members can work out.
The leadership team has worked tirelessly the past 10 weeks to keep our Y relevant and healthy. We started our communication efforts with members, program participants, community partners, donors, and vendors the week of March 16th. We sincerely appreciate you reading our messages, following us on social media, and checking our website for updates.
Please know we are working hard to safely open every amenity. We apologize for the inconvenience. We hope to have most amenities open by the middle of July.
M. Shae Wilson-Gregg